LuxTrust’s mission is to enable a digital world, while protecting the digital identity and the electronic data of every LuxTrust certificate holder.
The underlying technology: Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Local PKI: Keys and related certificate are stored on a chip based device
- Remote PKI: Keys and related certificate are stored on a secure central server and accessed via strong authentication supported by:
- LuxTrust Mobile applications (iOS and Androïd)
- Specific HW devices
Provider of electronic identity services for individuals and legal entities
- Identification services
- Authentication services
Provider of eIDAS compliant Trust Services
- Time stamping
- Electronic seal
- Electronic signature
Solutions integrating the provision of electronic identities and eIDAS compliant Trust Services
- Online enrolment of new customers
- Policy driven signature processes
LuxTrust provides eIDAS compliant Electronic Identification and Trust Services:
- Remote Identification (KYC) – to identify persons online via video and enable trust services
- Strong authentication – to allow secure access to applications and websites
- Electronic Signatures – to digitally sign transactions and documents with legal validity
- Electronic Seal – to ensure origin and integrity of document/data issued by a legal entity
- Electronic Timestamp – to bind a document to a particular date and time and to ensure its integrity
- Domain validation and authentication certificates for websites
LuxTrust S.A. is actually listed as “under supervision” by ILNAS, the Luxembourg public standardisation service, as a trust service provider (TSP) under number 2016/8/001. This attests LuxTrust’s expertise and strict compliance with the most stringent European security norms and standards.
The registry of TSP’s supervised by ILNAS is available here.
LuxTrust S.A. is certified according to the standards, the relevant certification can be found here.