e-Seals can be used to ensure authenticity any digital asset or document of a legal entity such as a company, institution or organization. LuxTrust e-Seals include a qualified timestamp.
Ensuring certainty of data origin and integrity Electronic seals (e-Seals) serve as evidence that an electronic document was issued by a legal entity (company, institution, organization,..), ensuring certainty of the document’s origin and integrity. LuxTrust e-Seals include a qualified time stamp, binding the document and its e-Seal to a particular time, establishing evidence that the document existed at that time.
Besides authenticating the document issued by the legal entity, e-Seals can also be used to authenticate any digital asset of the legal person, such as software code or servers.
Manual or application-driven mode of operation
LuxTrust, as a Qualified Trust Service Provider (QTSP), provides the certificates required to produce e-Seals. Depending on the granularity and quality of information available to establish the identity of the legal person, LuxTrust offers advanced or qualified certificates supporting respectively either advanced or qualified e-Seals. All those are compliant with the eIDAS regulation.
The e-Seal service is available in two modes of operation:
- In the manual mode of operation, the certificate is stored on a chip based device or on a central secured server, whose access is protected by strong customer authentication. The e-Seal service is invoked by a human being.
- For the application-driven mode of operation, the certificate is stored on a central secured
server and the e-Seal service is driven by an application e.g. an invoicing application.
- Automated sealing of large volumes of documents to ensure certainty of their origin and integrity: legally binding documents, invoices, applicable statutory conditions, letters, fines…
- Sealing of data to ensure certainty of their integrity and their existence at a certain time: data submitted via a mobile application structuring insurance claims and embedding pictures of damages…
- Sealing of electronic records to ensure certainty of their origin, integrity and their existence at a certain time : contractual notifications, financial reports, NAVs, log files in the cloud services industry, archives, electronic certifications and deeds, records generated by monitoring systems…
- Strong authentication of a legal entity, irrespective of the physical person representing it.
- Authentication of digital assets of a legal entity: copyrighted pictures, plans…
A Qualified Trusted Services Provider (QTSP)
- Support the PAdES and XAdES international standards
- LuxTrust e-Seals include a qualified timestamp
- LuxTrust e-Seals offer strong legal evidence
- Easy to integrate into an existing application environment.
- SaaS-based model relieves you from maintenance tasks
- Breadth and depth of other eIDAS services to complement e-Seal functionality