Last update – 22/05/2018
LuxTrust uses its best endeavours to respect your privacy while you visit this website and understands just how important this is to you. To this end, we do our utmost to respect your privacy in connection with your use of this website.
The terms “LuxTrust” or “we” or “our” or “us” refer to Luxtrust S.A. (LuxTrust), the entity acting as data controller (that is, the company which determines why and how to process personal data) in relation to the processing of your information on this website.
Collection and use of personal data
Wecollect your personal data at various points, including:
- when you navigate through our website; and
- when you interact with us through our website, for example via electronic forms that you have to fill in when you order a product or a service offered via the website, when you request information [or when using our website research tool].
In this context, the following categories of personal data may be given or collected via the website: your name, date of birth, phone number, email address, home address, country, types of services received or products bought, financial and banking information and any other personal data reasonably related to the conduct of LuxTrust’s business or to the operation of its website.
We will process your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or for entering into a contract with you (e.g. by delivering you the ordered product or service);
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, for example: -when answering and managing any query from you; -providing you with the product, service or information requested; -sending you newsletter and other marketing email; -improving the quality of our services and our website and generally managing our relationship with our customers; -we may also combine the personal data collected with our data on your use of other LuxTrust services in order to make you offers which better suit your requirements.
The personal data we collect shall not, in any circumstance, be passed on to third parties LuxTrust without your knowledge and/or consent (when such consent is legaly required). To achieve the purposes described above, we may share with our sub-contractors, with our service providers which support us technically in the provision of our website and services, with public administrations and related bodies to the extent necessary for us to comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
All of our employees and sub-contractors who have access to your personal data shall be obliged to keep it confidential and secure. They shall have access only to the data they require in order to perform their task or obligations, unless otherwise provided by laws or regulations.
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personnal data (subject to applicable requirements and exemptions):
- right to access the personal data held about you and receive additional information about how it is processed;
- right to rectify any inaccurate and incomplete personal data;
- right to delete your personal data from our systems in certain circumstances, e.g. where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the specified purposes;
- right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, e.g. where you contest its accuracy or object to processing;
- right to receive your personal data in an interoperable format, or have it directly transmitted to another organisation;
- right to withdraw your consent at any time where the processing is based on your consent to the processing of personal data;
- right to object to the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances and considering other regulatory requirements, in particular where we rely on legitimate interests; and
- right to lodge a complaint with the Luxembourg Data Protection Authority (the Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données).
To exercise these rights, you may make a request by contacting LuxTrust’s data protection officer at email@example.com and/or LuxTrust’s data protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org. To prevent fraud, LuxTrust reserves the right to carry out the necessary checks to verify your identity (for instance by asking you to authenticate using your LuxTrust products) when making a request to exercice a right.
We retain your personal data only for as long as necessary for the relevant processing activity and/or for as long as is necessary to comply with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data collected when using this site against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, unauthorised alteration or unlawful destruction. Please note that Internet connections are never 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mails sent to or from this site may be corrupted. You should therefore take care when choosing the information you send us by e-mail. Furthermore, when you use passwords, ID numbers or other means of access on this site, it shall be incumbent upon you to protect them.
All of the content (photos, text, videos, etc.) available on the website, as well as the services offered, are the exclusive property of LuxTrust and/or its partners. You may not reproduce, represent, market or use this content unless in circumstances permitted by law or duly authorised by LuxTrust.
Cookies and connection data
This website may feature links to websites which are not managed by LuxTrust. These external links are for information purposes only. If you visit these websites, we recommend that you read their respective privacy policies carefully. We may not be held responsible for the confidentiality policies or content of these websites, or for the practices of their administrators.