The LuxTrust Services comply, subject to conditions and delays set forth in its agreements, with the following legal and regulatory requirements listed below.
European Commission regulations and directives
- eIDAS: Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 July 2014 on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market and repealing Directive 1999/93/EC Luxembourg National Law.
- PSD2: DIRECTIVE (EU) 2015/2366 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 25 November 2015 on payment services in the internal market, amending Directives 2002/65/EC, 2009/110/EC and 2013/36/EU and Regulation (EU) No 1093/2010, and repealing Directive 2007/64/EC.
- EBA/RTS/2017/02 — 23 February 2017: Regulatory Technical Standards on authentication and communication.
- ETSI TS 319 411 – part 1 and 2, Policy and security requirements for Trust Service Providers issuing certificates.
- ETSI TS 319 412 – part 1 to 5, Certificate Profiles.
- ETSI TS 319 401, General Policy Requirements for Trust Service Providers.
- ETSI TS 319 421, Policy and Security Requirements for Trust Service Providers issuing Time-Stamps.
- ETSI TS 319 422, Electronic Signatures and Infrastructures (ESI); Time-stamping protocol and time-stamp token profiles.
- TS 419 261:2015, Security requirements for trustworthy systems managing certificates and time-stamps.
International standards – Public Key Infrastructure
- IETF RFC 5280, Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile.
- IETF RFC 6960, X.509 Internet Public Key Infrastructure Online Certificate Status Protocol – OCSP.
- CA/Browser Forum – Baseline Requirements.
- CA/Browser Forum -EV SSL Certificate Guidelines.
LuxTrust S.A. is actually listed as “under supervision” by ILNAS, the Luxembourg public standardisation service, as a trust service provider (TSP) under number 2016/8/001. This attests LuxTrust’s expertise and strict compliance with the most stringent European security norms and standards.
The registry of TSP’s supervised by ILNAS is available here.
LuxTrust S.A. is certified according to the standards, the relevant certification can be found here.